If you aren’t aware, Israel’s 60th Anniversary is Thursday, May 8!!!
We have a lot planned to celebrate and want you to come!
Here are our plans…come to one or all of the events!
1) Atzmaut 60 – Israel Celebrates 60 Years of Independence with DJ YAHEL and MARK S1
– May 7 @10PM
– Guvernment – 132 Queens Quay East, Toronto
Advance Tickets $15, At the Door $20.
For info call 416-877-5919
Tickets can also be bought at Toronto Hillels (cash only)
Tickets include free access to the pre-fair in Heritage Court of the Israel @60 community celebration at Ricoh Coliseum.
2) Israel @60 Tail Gate Party & BBQ
– May 8 @ 12PM-3:30PM
– Earl Bales Park (Picnic Area 3)
BBQ ($5 for food, refreshments and snacks)
Henna Tattoos, Drums, Celebrate and Relax with free Yoga
– Party will be moved to the Wolfond Centre (36 Harbord Street at the corner of Spadina) if raining.
Contact Rebecca Woods Baum for more information at Rebecca.Woodsbaum@hilleltoronto.org
There will be a chartered bus available from Earl Bales to Ricoh Coliseum, $2 for return trip
Hillel EXCLUSIVE deal!!!!!!
$16 for Tailgate food, ticket for Israel @60 community event with Hadag Nachash and roundtrip bus ride (leaving Earl Bales at 6PM). See purchasing details below…
3) Party Like It’s 1948: Celebrate Israel @60
– May 8
– Ricoh Coliseum
4:30PM: Israel @60 Family Festival
– Located in Heritage Court next to Ricoh Coliseum. Enjoy a fun filled afternoon of blowup rides, acrobats adn much more!
Tickets: $5 can be purchased at the door cannot be used for the evening program.
7:30PM: Ivan Reitman at Ricoh for a night of entertainment
Hadag Nachash – Israeli HipHop band
Nina Gershman and Alexander Utkin – dancers from The Israel Ballet
Music of the IDF Ensemble
Special performance by Renanim Youth Singers wtih Kol Neshama
and the Toronto Jewish Day Schools Joint Choir
Tickets: $10-$75 includes free admission to Festival
available through Ticketmaster
– all TicketMaster outlets
Exclusive Hillel Student deal ONLY
– $75 tickets available to a limited number of Hillel students for only $13…see purchasing details below.
Special deals are only available at Hillel locations through Hanna (Wolfond Centre – 416-913-2424, email@example.com) or Wendy (York – 416-736-5178, firstname.lastname@example.org). Tickets can be purchased with credit card, but MUST be picked up at Hillel. There will be no will call for them at Ricoh.
Check out this video of the “Sticker Song” by Hadag Nachash